Indus Valley Civilization, Concept, Short questions – OPSC Exam
Manda (Kashmir) Daimabad (Maharashtra) Alamgirpur (Uttar Pradesh) Sutkagendor (Pakistan)
☛ According to Radio Carbon dating Harappan civilization developed between 2500 B.C. to 1750 B.C.
☛ Indus Civilization is also called Harappan Civilization because the first excavated site is Harappa.
☛ It belongs to the Bronze Age.
☛ It extended from Manda (Jammu) in North to Daimabad in South.
☛ Major Settlements are in the Ghaggar-Hakra belt.
☛ More than 1000 sites have been excavated.
☛ Copper, bronze, silver, and gold were known but not iron.
☛ Seals were made up of steatite
☛ The majority of the seals have an animal engraved on it with a short inscription. The most frequently found animal is the unicorn bull.
☛ They worshipped, Proto-Shiva, Mother-Goddess, Bull, and Pipal tree.
☛ Harappan civilization was the first urban civilization.
☛ Their Pottery was red or black Pottery
☛ The script was pictographic. The writing was Boustrophedon.
☛ Mohenjodaro a Sindhi word meaning “Mound of the dead.”
☛ Rakhigarhi is the latest site discovered in India.
☛ Indus people were the first to produce cotton in the world.
Note: Two big mounds of Harappan sites were found at Rakhigarhi in the Hisar district of Haryana in January 2014. It has led to archaeologists establishing it as the biggest Harappan civilization site.
Hello friends, welcome all of you to our website 🙂
Friends, in today’s we are going to tell you the important examination related facts related to Indus or Harappan civilization ( GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata), which are very likely to be asked in all competitive examinations. So I request all of you to read it well and remember it! Many best wishes to all of your Exams!
The Indus Valley Civilization (BC –––-0000 BC) was one of the major river valley civilizations of the Vis River. It is also known as the Harappan civilization and the Sindoor-Saraswati civilization It was developed on the banks of Sindoor and Ghagra / Hakra (ancient Saraswati). Its main centers were Mohenjodaro, Kalibanga, Lothal, Hol Olavira, Rakhigari, and Harappa. GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata help for Odisha competitive Exam.
The general date of the Indus Valley Civilization was built from 2350 BC to 1750 BC using a single method such as Radio Carbon c14.
GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata mcq
- Indian civilization was discovered by Raibahadur Dinaram Sahni
- The vermilion civilization can be traced back to ancient times
- The main inhabitants of this civilization were the Drains and the Mediterranean
- The westernmost places of the Sindoor civilization are Suttangandoor (Balochistan), the easternmost place is Alamgir (Meerut), the northernmost place is Mandada (Akhnoor, Jammu, and Kashmir) and the southernmost place is Daimabad (Ahmednagar, Maharashtra).
- The civilization of Sindoor was a medieval urban civilization Only 6 major cities have been selected in the maturity stage from the evening civilization. They are Mohenjodaro, Harappa, Ganwariwala, Hol Olavira, Rakhigarh, and Kalibangan.
- Most of the Harapan sites have been discovered in Gujarat.
- Lothal and Sutkotada were the ports of the Sindhu civilization
- Evidence of plowing and using carved bricks was found in the Kalibangan field
- Annagar, which met Mohenzodaro, was probably the largest building of the Sandhav civilization.
- The bathhouse found in Mohenzodaro is a major monument, 11.88 meters long and 7 meters wide.
- The firefighters met Lothal and Kalinga.
- An idol from Mohenjodaro is found with the hands of three gods surrounded by hands, donkeys, leopards, and buffalo.
- The Harpan fragment shows the mark of a union creature
- A bronze statue of a dancer has been found in Mohenjodaro.
- Bida factories are found in Lothal and Chanhudaro
- The script of the Sindoor civilization is emotional This script is written from left to right
- The people of Sindoor civilization adopted the grid method of allocating cities and houses, i.e. opening the doors behind.
- Wheat and barley were the main crops of the Sindoor civilization
- People used honey to sweeten the civilization of vermilion
- Rice grains were found in Rangpur and Lothal, which showed evidence of rice cultivation
- The ashes of the Indus-era horses were found in Sarpotada, Kalibanga, and Lothal.
- The unit weight was 16 ratios
- The people of the Indus civilization used bull carts and buffalo carts for transportation.
- The word meluha mentioned in the Mesopotamian inscription itself refers to the Sindhu civilization.
- The rules of the Harappan civilization were in the hands of the merchant class.
- The people of the Indus civilization worshiped the earth, thinking it was a goddess of fertility.
- Evidence of tree worship and Shiva worship also comes from the Sindhu civilization
- The static symbol is a product of the Harpan civilization From this the sun can be calculated
- The body of any temple was not found in the cities of the Indus Valley Civilization.
- Mother Devi was worshiped in the Indus Valley Civilization.
- A humpback, this civilization was a use for the people
- It can be assumed that the society of the Sandwa civilization was the mother tongue by acquiring clay idols of women.
- The people of the Sandwa civilization used yarn and woolen garments
- For entertainment, people went fishing, hunting, and fishing in the Sandwa civilization.
- Kalibangan was the only harp site whose lower city was also surrounded by a fort.
- The people of the Sindoor civilization were not familiar with the sword.
- In the Sandva civilization, the veil and the work religion were prevalent.
- The practice of burning and burning the body was prevalent In Harappar, it was customary to bury the burning body in Mohenzodaro Lotus graves have also been found in Lothal and Kalibangan.
- The biggest cause of the devastation of the Scandinavian civilization was the floods.
- The soil cooked in the fire is called terracotta
Important GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata
- The most recognized period of Harappan civilization is – 2500 BC. From 1750 BC
- In the Indus Valley Civilization where the remains of Hanghode have been found – in Surkotada
- In which state is the Indus Valley site Kalibanga – in Rajasthan
- Which substance was used mainly in the construction of the postures of the Harappan period – Steatite
- What era was the Harappan Valley Civilization – Bronze Age
- What was the main occupation of the people of Indus Valley Civilization – Business
- Residents of Harappan Civilization – Urban
- Who built the houses of Indus Valley Civilization – with brick
- The Harappans were the first to produce which item – cotton
- Who was the first explorer of the Harappan civilization – Dayaram Sahni
- Which was the portnagar (port) of Indus Valley Civilization – Lothal
- The discovery of scales has proved that the people of Indus Valley were familiar with measurements and weights. Where did this discovery happen – Lothal
- Mohan Jodaro is also known by what another name – a mound of the dead
- Harappan civilization is the nickname of – Indus Valley Civilization.
- Cotton was first produced in the Indus region, which was called by the Greeks or Greeks – Sindon
- Indus valley fame is known – for its city planning
- The earliest old city discovered in India was – Harappa
- The earliest evidence of the availability of silver in India is found – in the Harappan culture
- An improved water management system is discovered in Harappa – at Dhaulavira
- In what year was the Harappan civilization discovered – in 1921
- What color was commonly used on Harappan pottery – red
- From which place have the remains of wells been found in houses in the developed state of Indus Valley Civilization – Mohenjodaro
- The two Indians whose names have been associated with the discovery of Indus Valley Civilization are Dayaram Sahni and Rakhaldas Banerjee.
- Rangpur, where the contemporary Harappan civilization was – in Saurashtra
- Was in charge of archaeological excavations of Harappa and Mohenjodaro – Sir John Marshal
- Valley and the civilizations of Mesopotamia – ox
- How was the social system of the Harappan people – proper egalitarian
- Where is the evidence of the plowed field plowed under the Harappan civilization – Kalibanga
- From which place is the adornment of bricks of Sandhav civilization – Kalibanga
- Where is Mohenjodaro located – Sindh
- Large baths are found in Indus Civilization – in Mohenjodaro
- What metal has not yet been found in Harappan sites – iron
- The remains of which animal have not been found in the Indus Valley Civilization – Cow
- In which province the largest number of Harappan sites have been discovered in post-independence India – Gujarat
- From which Harappan site ‘bronze statue of a woman with dancing posture’ has been obtained – from Mohenjodaro
- Harappans were not familiar with which metal-iron
- From which Harappan site has evidence of couple burial – Lothal
Share this post to your Friends GK Question about Harappa Civilization , GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata notes for opsc, GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata for aso exam, GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata ossc exam, GK Question about Harappa Sabhyata osssc exam.